Tuesday 25 March 2014

Over the top...

After our return from our trip to Cappadocia it was time to move on from Pewsey and continue our journey east. I had been advised that there was to be a kayak race on Sunday morning involving about 500 kayaks travelling from Pewsey to Newbury and that the Bruce Tunnel would be a bottleneck. Whilst playing car and boat leapfrog I managed to get to Crofton Top Lock for the night. It was just about dark as I arrived but Sunday morning started off nice and sunny.
Had the old railway still been there Constance would have been under the bridge

Crofton Top Lock
 The descent from Top Lock to Crofton started off nice and sunny and on my own. Shortly the kayakers caught up and raced on by.
Then the heavens opened with quite a hefty hailstorm. I was able to shelter inside but I pity the poor kayakers! Upon arrival at Crofton it was - back to fetch the car, take the car to Great Bedywn and walk back to Crofton which, by then, was bathed in sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment