Friday 14 November 2014

Lower Heyford to Thrupp

Now that the new cratch cover, dodger and tonneau have been fitted it is time to move on from Lower Heyford. I would not like to overstay my welcome in any area. Passing under the road bridge, the water point was occupied...
As I was going to Thrupp for the loos it didn't matter

Dr Bones was not at home today

The ignominious fate of Caravan Lift Bridge 215 - abandoned in a field!

Enslow Wharf

Just on the yellow - should be OK

The Cherwell comes in from the right

And leaves on the left at Shipton Weir Lock

Another of the big diamond shaped locks

Exiting the lock
And so it was on down to Thrupp for loo emptying and water. The water fill seemed to be painfully slow, but with loos emptied, water filled I needed to find a mooring for the night. There were spaces along the street in Thrupp for 48 hours. Just as I moored it started to rain.
The next day I walked off in search of a 14 day mooring. The only one I could find was back at Shipton-on-Cherwell, so it was back under the Thrupp Lift Bridge...

No comments:

Post a Comment